Developer: Monolith Productions
MSRP: $49.99 (PC), $59.99 (PS3, Xbox 360)
I decided that since we are a different type of “gaming” related website that personal reviews might not be for all of us. I did however, want to make sure I didn’t fail on my intentions to provide a pseudo review of F.E.A.R. 2. Here goes…
F.E.A.R. 2 would be much easier if broken into bullets for your quick reading pleasure…
TEH Good …
- Beautiful graphics, Rich color, nice blur effects, blah blah etc. etc.
- Solid Game play, each version felt like it was made for that particular platform, unlike Bioshock PC which was a XB360 port no doubt.
- Controls were great (Save the weapon selection, and the reports the PC version was superior to the consoles
- Nice touch with the slow-mo option
- In an age of multi-player being the selling point, this game was all single player and kudos to them for that.
- Story was not very engaging, mainly due to the fights between rights with Sierra, Warner Bros., and Monolith.
- Main character was changed to tie the story as best they could.
- Ending was confusing, and pretty lame, even if there is a “sequel” in the works
- Rag Doll Physics were poor mediocre, considering the first one was much better in where it was fun to manipulate bodies, and the environment…not so much in 2
- Multi-player was as bad as the first one. Seriously, why bother?
Good game, could have learned a little bit more from the first one, cause I can’t remember one gripe I had with that game. But I would definitely give it a look see. If you played it please let me know what you thought. I’d like to debate or agree with the populous